Friday, April 3, 2009

Arrrggh!

I spent most of today's waking hours fighting with a virus that has somehow slipped past my anti-virus program. Thankfully, I have been able to burn a copy of all of my documents, though I fear my email contacts, I-tunes playlists, and such may be doomed. We'll see what happens after I get through to tech support at the anti-virus software company. A friend told me he thinks that the virus has been successfully destroyed, but that it damaged the anti-virus software and/or part of the operating system files in the process, causing me to be stuck in a loop from which there is apparently no escape. We shall see. In the meantime, I must bum computer access from my very understanding bride, who is asleep now. Hopefully, I'll get the thing working again soon. Finishing up my sermon tonight at 10:25 instead of by 3:00 this afternoon like I'd planned was more than a little frustrating.

Technology...wonderful when it works.

No comments: