- Rice, rice, and more rice. Rice at every meal. Rice until well after I was sick of it.
- Rice noodles with squid for breakfast.
- HOT chilis on and in everything I ate.
- Squatty potties. The less said about them or seen of them, the better.
- Crab pizza at an Italian restaurant overlooking the ocean. Suffering for the Kingdom, let me tell you.
- Meeting, talking with, and teaching some incredible men and women who really do experience suffering and possible martyrdom for the sake of the Kingdom.
- Terrible homesickness-missing Karen and the kids something awful.
- Opening doors to the Gospel among people who are among the least reached in the world.
- Seeing God answer prayers, bind Satan, protect us, grant us peace, and meet us in ways I have seldom experienced.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
And we're back...
I arrived home safely from Southeast Asia last night. It was an incredible trip, with many experiences that were encouraging and challenging and others that were as terrifying as I have ever had. I will post some pictures, but due to the nature of the trip, I can't post many details or give any names, even of the places we visited. I will be sending a letter with details and more photos to all those who agreed to pray and give toward my expenses. Anyone reading this who wants a copy of that letter can let me know. Meanwhile, enjoy reading a list of some of the things I experienced: