Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I've got to figure out how to post more often

Apparently, it has been nine days since my last post. Nine days! Which apparently means that the Christmas rush has overtaken me. Anyway, in the spirit of the great Thomas Sowell, here are a few random thoughts on the passing scene:
  • 5 a.m. seems a lot earlier than it used to. Maybe it's that it is dark longer and earlier this time of year.
  • Apparently, Mike Huckabee was on The View with Meredith Viera this week. I didn't see it, but I guess she accused him of "injecting religion into the celebration of Christmas." She was evidently shocked to discover that Christmas is indeed a religious holiday.
  • Speaking of Huckabee, as an evangelical I appreciate his celebration of his Christian faith as part of his campaign. I wish that his policy positions were as conservative as his theology. More than that, I worry that there is a fuzzy line between highlighting faith in Christ as part of who a candidate is and using that faith as a means for gaining votes.
  • Has there ever been anything more exciting than Christmas when you are a kid? I am experiencing again the joy of Christmas as I celebrate it with my kids.
  • Snow should be permissible in the Midwest from Thanksgiving until December 31st. After that, it should be 60 degrees again.
  • During the '92 campaign, when Bill Clinton lost big in Iowa, but came close in New Hampshire, he hailed himself as "the comeback kid." The Comeback Kid went on to win the nomination and the presidency. With Hilary apparently floundering in Iowa (at least, according to the most recent polls), are we to look forward to "The Comeback Kid, Part II"?
  • And speaking of Hilary, why has she not, after 6 years in the Senate, learned to tone down that distinctive Nurse Ratched quality she exudes with every public utterance?
  • Virtually every county in Illinois is overpopulated with deer, contributing to a huge number of car accidents and massive crop losses each year. So why does the firearms season on deer only last for seven days?

4 comments:

Horn herd mom said...

Sorry, honey, you are a little behind. Meridith Veira isn't on the View anymore--She's on the Today Show.

The Rosetto's said...

I was going to say the same thing Karen did!

But glad your back to posting.

The Bullhorn said...

Apparently I can't distinguish one whiny liberal chick from another. Oh well.

Garden Girl said...

LOL! Bullhorn, that is too funny and soooooooo true!