Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A wife of noble character who can find?

She is worth far more than rubies. - Proverbs 31:10
This week at our men's group we were talking about "Husband & Wives in the Marriage Cockpit." One of the discussion questions asked all of the men present to share with the group one strength that their wives had. Good men invariably can't wait for an opportunity to brag on the excellencies of their wives, and I certainly wasn't going to miss an opportunity to brag on mine. In fact, doing so made me realize that I've never used this space to salute Karen. So honey, if you're reading this, here's just a partial list of some of the things I admire about you:
  1. Discernment. An intuitive sense about people that is much more finely tuned than mine. She picks up on little comments and actions that I miss and readily identifies people's strengths and weaknesses far before I do.
  2. Organization. Highly gifted in administration and in balancing a multitude of small and large tasks all at once. Amazing, really.
  3. Thoughtfulness. Always thinks of others' needs and how particular choices might make someone else feel. Quick with a card, an encouraging note, a phone call, and a prayer.
  4. Love. What can I say? Honey, you're the best.

No comments: