Thursday, February 19, 2009

Three Most Important Words

Valentine's Day was last week, and thinking about love and romance around that time has led me to some firm conclusions:
  1. Despite what I may have believed at one time, the best real love and real romance doesn't come in the heat of passion or the first flower of youthful love, but through long-term, fully-committed love of one spouse for the other. Passion and youth are really good, but God knew what he was doing when He gave us marriage to knit us together.
  2. The three most important words in any loving marriage are not "I love you," but "I was wrong," followed closely by "Please forgive me."
  3. "I love you" is a distant third behind these others, because without the ability to say and mean the words "I was wrong," and "Please forgive me," all the "I love you" in the world will mean little.

No comments: