Thursday, February 5, 2009

Satellite TV

We recently got satellite TV at our house, along with the greatest invention since the printing press, the DVR. This means that I can record things I want to watch without requiring either: a degree in engineering (like my old VCR) or even my physical presence. This also means I always have the latest in quality deer, bear, and elk hunting entertainment at my disposal, along with movies I haven't gotten around to renting, and the latest episode of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. That's the plus side.

In the negative column, we have ads for products to solve masculine shortcomings, and the Sham-Wow. To which, all I can say is, "I could have gone my whole life without seeing, or hearing, that."

4 comments:

Horn herd mom said...

I think you secretly want a shamwow...

The Bullhorn said...

I think you might be right. Or maybe I've just been watching the commercial too late at night. After all, I had myself halfway convinced that I really needed a Ronco rotisserie once-"just set it and forget it!" Thankfully, good sense prevailed in the morning.

thehes said...

okay, now i'm googling sham-wow...

Mimi said...

here you go! the real reason to buy a shamwow!
http://roflrazzi.com/2009/02/09/celebrity-pictures-vince-offer-no-drip/