Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcome to 2011

Today is my first day back in my office (aka the place where my computer lives) after a little over a week off for the Christmas/New Years' holidays. We got to see both sides of our family, overeat, sleep in, play games, and take turns fighting off the stomach flu. (Thanks be to God that last bit was short-lived!). Anyway, since I am back in the saddle again, I am digging out from under the avalanche of stuff that accumulated in my absence, chiefly all the mail (e- and otherwise) and the beginning of a new sermon series on Genesis which is set to begin on Sunday.

So briefly, I thought I might kick off my 2011 blogging my 2011 Goals. In no particular order, they are:
  • Celebrate 15 years of wedded bliss with Karen in a cabin by a lake.
  • Lead breakfast devotions twice a week for our family.
  • Teach my children how to shoot, and get Sara through Hunter's Safety.
  • Re-read the entire Bible through again this year.
  • Finish The Hobbit and read the rest of the Chronicles of Narnia with the kids.
  • Lose the last 50 pounds separating me from my ideal weight and finish earning my "I ran 500 miles" T-shirt from my gym.
  • Preach the first 1/2 of the book of Genesis, all of Habakkuk, and 10 sermons on basic theology.
  • Personally share the Gospel with at least 10 people.
  • Write more blog entries. No doubt all of my readers (all 20 of you, plus Mom!) are waited with bated breath for this, but I really do enjoy writing, so I plan to do more of it.

No comments: