Friday, April 9, 2010

What I've been doing besides blogging...

It's been a long time. I haven't written any posts so far for the month of April, and I wrote darn few in the month of March. Here's what I've been up to:
  1. Visiting family. My sister and her husband are home from China with my niece. We haven't seen them in 2 years, and after they leave this summer, probably won't see them again for another two. So we've been blessed to visit with them twice in the past few weeks.
  2. Hiring a new church secretary while pretending to be one. My former secretary left our part-time position to seek a full-time position. This means that my associate, Jim, and I have had to fill in the gaps on all the administrative tasks. Which reminds me of the many reasons why we're trying to hire a replacement.
  3. Holiday service prep. Easter and Palm Sunday are a very big deal at our church, as they are at most churches. This year we not only had that usual level of craziness, we also added in hosting the annual Community Good Friday service. Since we're doing all of this while #2 is also going on, I've been even busier than usual.
  4. Being tired and kinda grumpy. Being overly busy and not getting enough time to rest or nearly enough time to be a good husband and father does not make me a very happy person. Which makes me a cranky blogger. And nobody wants to read my prideful, self-centered crankiness. Heck, I don't even want to write it. So now that I'm getting my schedule (and more importantly, my attitude!) re-adjusted, I'm back to it. Hope you enjoy getting more regular posts.

2 comments:

Jeff A said...

I meant to mention on Sunday that I missed your blog posts. Good to see you back online. Great sermon on Easter btw.

The Bullhorn said...

Jeff-

Thanks for the good word. You and Samara are always a blessing. Too bad you're not nearby. May God bless you both!