Friday, January 8, 2010

Greetings from the frozen tundra

We are in the midst of our fourth week as residents of the sub-Arctic region formerly known as Illinois. I grew up in the Midwest, so I'm used to it being cold in the winter, but what I'm not used to is it being this cold for this long. I mean, tonight the standing temperature (not the wind chill) is supposed to be -15 degrees. Those temps combined with the 12"+ of snow on the ground right now means we'll probably be really cold for a long while yet.

I've decided that if it is true that cow flatulence and SUV emissions are to blame for the "global warming" we're experiencing, then I'm going to start raising organic beef in my backyard and trade in both our vehicles on something a bit bigger, like maybe a Peterbilt...

2 comments:

Horn herd mom said...

so does a Peterbilt seat 6?

Matosawitko said...

If you get an extended sleeper, it does...