Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Vacation

Some of you may not have known I was gone, but I was on a family vacation at the Lake of the Ozarks, which was rained and heated out of us. Nevertheless, we had time to see Bridal Cave, eat meals on the camp stove, try out my new percolator, sleep in our new tent, fight off a raccoon attack, swim (briefly) in the lake, and go to the St. Louis Zoo. We wrapped up vacation at my parent's house where we swam in the pond a lot, went fishing, slept, worshiped, talked, and ate (I gained 4 lbs. in 4 days!).

We got back late on Sunday night, just in time to do laundry, fold up the now dry tent and sleeping bags, store away the camping stuff, pick up the dog from a friend's house, suck up the small amount of water in our basement and deodorize the formerly damp carpet. Last night we went to the local swimming pool at the park to ride the slides, jump off the diving boards, remember that we don't know how to dive, and generally stay cool.

It's been an eventful few days. Glad to be back and to be getting back in the saddle again. Hopefully, all my readers haven't given up totally on ever reading this again...

No comments: