Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Regular readers of this blog will note that my profile has changed. As of June 1st, Karen the Fair and I have been married for 12 years. As of this moment, I'm not sure what is more amazing to me-the fact that 12 years have passed so quickly and so blessedly with the woman I love or the fact that she has been patient enough to put up with my many flaws lo these many years.

We spent our anniversary by first going to Wildlife Prairie Park to walk, talk, and look at the animals. Since we were there in the evening, the animals were all out and active. We got to stand with about three feet of a black bear boar as he stood up on his hind feet and scratched against the fence, within about 10 feet of the park's pair of cougars, and close enough to a gray fox that I could have reached down and touched him had I felt sufficiently foolish to try it. Karen also was the first to notice a thoroughly wild and uncaged black snake (about 4' long) whose presence on the path in front of us she duly alerted me to. After we left the park, we ate greasy cheeseburgers at Steak 'N Shake and caught Prince Caspian at the local stadium style movieplex. The movie was a triumph! It's significantly different from the book I remember, but the changes made don't detract from the story so much as advance it more quickly to make for a "tighter" movie. As always the company was superb, and left me scheming ways for more time alone with my lovely bride apart from the Horn Herd.

All of this is to say, thank you Karen for making the last twelve years of my life more wonderful than they ever would have been without you.

2 comments:

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

I was disappointed with the movie because of the episode about the surprise attack at the Castle. It wasn't in the book, and it really was out of character for Peter to ignore all the counsel he was given. It made him out to be arrogant. Of course it showed him learning from the incident, but I just didn't like that scene being added to the story that Lewis wrote.

The Rosetto's said...

Congrats on the 12 years. It is super to see others upholding their commitments.